Sunday, 5 February 2012

Sunshine on a snowy day

Sunday 5 February 2012 - a day that will evoke very different memories for many different people. For me, it was getting baked in the amazing African sun. For friends and family back home, it was clearly a different story.

Cape Town sweltered like a kiddie fiddler in a nursery today. From what I have seen on the interweb, Britain seems to have been battered by the full force of Siberia at the same time. It was, I have to admit, amusing to be applying the sun block while reading on my phone that flights out of the UK were being cancelled. Smug, moi?

I strolled from my guesthouse to the Clifton and Camps Bay beaches today. It was a majestical day, the temperatures hit the upper 30s, and my  only problem was the throngs at the bars seeking out cold beer and wine.

What an amazing country this is. I'm truly and utterly smitten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment